What is Fibroblast Plasma Skin Tightening?
Fibroblast is a revolutionary skin tightening procedure, aka a non-surgical or soft face lift. Although new to North America, this procedure has been extremely popular in Europe for the past few years. It not only tightens and lifts the skin, it also provides instant and long-lasting results. This non-invasive treatment stimulates the formation of collagen creating more youthful and healthier skin.
The name Fibroblast comes from one of the most important cells affected during this procedure, the fibroblasts. These cells are targeted using Plasma Pen technology. Plasma particles are charged and create an arc to the skin in targeted areas, instantly shrinking and tightening the skin.
Fibroblast Plasma Skin Tightening results last for years, the same as they do with surgical treatments. Like all cosmetic procedures the effects are not entirely permanent as it cannot stop further aging of the skin.
Fraxel Laser Resurfacing and Surgical Facelifts will cost you thousands of dollars, at a fraction of those prices (similar to the cost of Botox) Fibroblast is an affordable and safe alternative.
What to expect during and after the treatment:
The average treatment takes approximately 1-2 hours depending on the size of the area. Numbing cream is applied to help minimize any discomfort that may be felt. A Plasma Pen is then used to create tiny plasma arcs from the pen to your skin, resulting in micro- sized brown dots, that are strategically placed in specific areas to tighten and firm skin.
During and immediately after the treatment you may experience a slight burning sensation and your skin may be sensitive for a few days, similar to a sunburn. Some areas are more prone to swelling than others (especially the eye area). If swelling does occur, it usually disappears within a few days. There will be discoloration to the skin in the form of patches of small brown dots, these will crust over and generally flake away during the first week. 2
It is recommended you do the procedure when you can have a few days to a week off at home to heal (but it is not necessary). You will see immediate results right after, but your best results will begin approximately at around 4-6 weeks after the treatment. Occasionally, depending on the skins condition, two treatments may be required 6-8 weeks apart. It is very uncommon to need more than two treatments.
Most people are safe to drive home right after their appointment, as swelling does not happen until later on that day.
What areas can be treated?
- Hooded eyelids
- Bags Under the Eyes
- Crows Feet
- Forehead Wrinkles
- Nasolabial Folds (smile lines)
- Neck Skin Tightening
- Acne or other Scarring
- Stretch Marks
- Hyper pigmentation (age/sun spots)
- Skin Tags
- No Injectables
- No cutting of the skin, no stitches
- Minimal side effects
- Short downtime and recovery
- Quick and easy Procedure
- No thinning of the skin
- Significant cost savings compared to alternatives
- The results last for years
- Client should be in good health at time of appointment (if sick with a cold or flu, the treatment should be rescheduled)
- Healing disorders including diabetes
- Sunburns or tanned skins
- Darker Skin tones (risk of hyperpigmentation), best on light to medium toned skin
- Cold sore or fever blister outbreak *(if you are having a lip treatment done, please see your doctor if needed for a prescription and begin taking Valtrex for 4 days prior and 4 days post treatment to avoid an outbreak)
- Pregnant or nursing
- Any inflammation or rashes in the treatment area
- Eyelash extensions must be removed if you are having the treatment on your eye area, they can be reapplied after 6-8 weeks.